Re: Rookies-Get instructor to drive your car

To: "avillasol" <avillasol@primo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rookies-Get instructor to drive your car
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:21:31 -0400

Message text written by "avillasol"

"I totally agree with Ben here, that I wouldn't be half the driver I am now
had it not been for the guys that I've been competing with.  "

Now you are beginning to understand why I'm in favor of events with
competition as opposed to "schools." Schools are for the basics. After that
you have to COMPETE against people who are faster than you are.
        That's why I've made such an effort to put so many events inside
the Bay Area as possible. The more people you compete against, the better
you become. Conversely, some of those people may be quicker than you and
the better they become. Everybody learns to go faster together.
        While having a concrete surface to run on is nice, it's the
competition that makes you a better driver no matter what the surface is.
        We in SFR lost our "edge" after staging so many events "out of
town." It's nice to see we are developing it again.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly