RE: Rookies-Get instructor to drive your car

To: "'Toy4speed@aol.com'" <Toy4speed@aol.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rookies-Get instructor to drive your car
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:16:58 -0700
Well Don, you said it for me.  The amazing thing was that after Ben drove my
car (49.7 first time out on street tires) he really didn't have to say
anything to me and I really didn't feel the need to ask him anything.  Like
you said, everyone tells you go in slow and get on the gas early, but early
is such a relative thing!  It really helped to see it, and Ben's style (at
least in my car) was simple enough that I could see right away where I could
pick up time.  While I couldn't match his time, I did drop a full second on
my very next fun run.

Later, while working course for the 2nd fun run group, I saw your Supra
coming around the last sweeper in much the same way.  I thought gee, that's
exactly how Ben drove my car.  Then I looked through the windows and guess
who was driving?

Man, between the Day-Night on Saturday and yesterday I had sooo much fun.
Thanks to Kevin Lahey, Ben Martinez, Jim Ochi, Rich Urschel, Dennis and
Peggy Hale, and *everyone* who made this one of the most exciting, if
exhausting weekends I can remember!

Peter Thana
'99 BMW Z3 2.8 Coupe