Marina Site Rules

To: "BA Autox Folks" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marina Site Rules
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:09:04 -0700
Just so everybody knows what were dealing with at the Marina site,
I thought I'd post the rules as I know 'em.  Corrections and updates
are welcome.  The short form:

* We can't use the *two* rows of concrete pad that are nearest to
  the big hanger.

* Those two rows, and the asphalt leading up to the big hanger,
  are what the airport calls the "taxiway", which extends to the
  runway.  We can't obstruct this in any way (no cones), and the speed
  limit on it is 5 MPH.  Airplanes could concievably be moving around
  out there, and we need to avoid them.

* We must take the shortest path from the stop sign out on the
  road to the event.  Don't wander off onto any of the other parts
  of the airport.  I found a pretty good map at:

        http://www.jameng.com/events/map_marina.jpg

* Follow the "Autocross" signs -- don't try to shortcut through
  the parking lot of the big hanger.

* Litter is a big deal for these guys;  make sure that you use
  the supplied trash cans.  Don't let stuff blow all over.
  At the end of the event, bag up the trash and take it over
  the the green dumpster behind the large grey hanger.
  Put the empty trash cans next to the yellow buildings by the
  entrance (the trash cans have pieces of cement in the bottom
  so they don't blow away when empty, so make sure you don't
  lose 'em).

On request, I can do a complete brain-dump on the airport situation,
but John Kelly or the Hales would probably be able to give a more
complete explanation.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net