Re: Okay, how about this?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Okay, how about this?
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 01:19:53 -0700
At 07:03 PM 5/22/00 -0700, Kelly, Katie wrote:
>How about three runs each, limit the entries to 300.

First of all, three runs is better than two runs, especially if you have to
take those two runs by the light of your headlights.  Yup, it's happened,
and it sucks.

Anyway, if you use John Kelly's stats of starting at 9:45 and finishing
runs at 7:45, that's not too bad - if things started off better, we could
have had the first car out at 9:00, which would have made the last car at
7:00.  Still not early enough to get out of the Coliseum on time, and not
enough to have gotten in a fourth run.

So, it's time for me to climb up into the bleachers, kick back, pop open a
brew, and shout stuff from the cheap seats:

Suggestions for future events -
1.  RV placement - pointing in towards the course, so that the trailer folk
can see both the start and finish lines seems to make the trailer duty flow
better.  It also lets the radio/cone counter person sit in the comfy
driver's seat.  Relaying who is on the line, and who's lined up behind them
through a third party seemed to add to the confusion level when I worked in
the RV during the 8th run group.

2.  If we aren't done with the second run group by 11:00, we should cut
back to three runs.  I think we waited a bit too long to cut back on Sunday
- if we did it earlier, maybe we could have finished by 7:00.

3.  Setup/Teardown crews - each event, each person with specialized
knowledge should take the opportunity to teach someone else.  For example,
if you know how to set up the timers or the PA system, show someone else
how at the next event.  If you know how to pack the motorhome, teach it to
someone else, so we don't end up with a pile of stuff and no idea how to
get it all back in.

4.  We should not sell any fun run cards until 11:30 - that gives the event
chair enough time to decide whether the event is too busy to sell them or not.

Just some random thoughts...

Jim Ochi
jochi@liquidaudio.com