Okay, how about this?

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Okay, how about this?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 19:03:05 -0700
How about three runs each, limit the entries to 300.

My reasoning is that we haven't had 300 yet, so we're not going to cut
anyone out. But probably, someday, we will have to do it, so why not 300.
Oh, wait. Someone will have to count more.

I'm really uncomfortable with limiting entries to 225-250, all in the name
of giving the rest of us one extra run. Consider the many who won't get ANY.
It might even be you, if say you show up at 6:55 versus 6:50.

Three runs is best, because on days with lower turnouts, we can have FUN
RUNS!

I'm just really uncomfortable with having to rise an hour earlier than
normal, just to stand in a line. There are so many added complications that
no one's even mentioned. If you're at the end of the line, and you could be
there early, just two hundred people beat you there at 6:30, you'll have no
time to prepare your car, no time to walk the course, or, especially if
you're in the first group, how are you going to tech your car?

Anyone who attended the Duel at De Anza knows what I'm talking about. That
event's only once a year for a reason.

I would also like to say, unlike other organizational bodies, the SFR
Steering Committee is open to anyone. You attend like three meetings, and
they'll most likely vote you in. I'm not a member myself (Sunnyvale is just
too far from Marin), but I was a member for a number of years. They argue
about everything, let me assure you that. It was a very entertaining way to
spend a Tuesday evening. They really labor over every single decision, as
I'm sure they will over this one. So, that's why I'm really not too worried.
I know that our Steering Committee will come up with a reasonable solution.

See, this is the stuff you say to get out of doing more work. :)

Katie

Happiness is the best cosmetic.