Re: A tough nut to crack...

To: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: A tough nut to crack...
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:39:04 -0400
Patrick wrote:

>  There have been many good suggestions
> today that can help, all having some cost associated with them, none
> are a silver bullet fix.

I think there *was* a pony in there today and it's as close to
a silver bullet as we are every likely to see. If the 90-day
trial membership flies, we can offer this:

Members $25
Non-members $25 + $25 one-time membership fee
good for 90 days if over 25 years old
or 1 year if 25 or under

membership benefits (to be confirmed):
increased personal insurance ($1M John?)
coverage in the Wheel (well, maybe)
discounted entry fees at chapter events
eligibility to run divisional and national events
SportsCar magazine (don't laugh, if my name can
show up there so can yours)
SCCA patches and stickers
increased autocrossing presence within the SCCA

Whom do we lose? Not many of the people we are looking
for, methinks.
Rich Urschel

Ps. I also like the three run and free fun runs concept for
Urban sites. We had people locked in close trophy battles
who *had* to leave before running Saturday. Ugh.