Re: best line

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: best line
From: "Jesse Wills" <jesse@wordex.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 15:40:10 -0700
There were several things that I read that did not follow what the fast
people have been telling me for years.  Strange concepts *I think* I
remember from the article were; don't late apex, don't let the car run wide,
don't set up wide for turns and don't concentrate on the turns before the
fastest sections.  Did other people read it differently?  About 1/3 of the
way through the slalom section (what was going on with that?) I stopped
reading.  If any clarifications were made late in the article, my apologies.

One thing I did look for in the article was as an author.  Anyone else see a
responsible party?  You'd think that the SCCA would first of all find a
qualified person to write such an article and second actually edit the
article for content.

The reason I am bitter about this is that I have been trying to beat some
ideas in my dad's head about autoxing for a couple of years now and the
other night he calls me up and asks about the article.  Of course, something
published in SportsCar must be correct and everything I have been telling
him is wrong. : )

Jesse