Re: best line

To: "James Creasy" <jcre@mozart.com>,
Subject: Re: best line
From: Chris Kolstad <ckolstad@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 15:20:12 -0700
The basic rules are the same for any driving event.  The trick in autocrossing
is to look as far ahead as possible to link as many of them together as
possible.  You basically worry mostly about your track space (just fitting the
car through).  The car can be moving all over the place, but if you keep it
pointed in the right direction, you are O.K.  Things happen very quickly, so
reactions need to be fast as well.  In road racing, you have a bit more time to
think about the proper line, get lined up, and HIT YOUR APEXES!  You can
generally only see one to two turns ahead and you have to feel the slip angle
of your car well to be fast.  Neither one is easier than the other, road racing
just has more serious consequences for mistakes.

Chris Kolstad
914 2.0 CSP