Re: AutoShow in Motion.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoShow in Motion.
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:25:54 -0700
I wasn't the one who posted but I attended.  If you don't get there first
thing and run to the high performance area (there are several courses
grouped by the type of car) the line for the vette will be so long it's
probably not worth it.  Also the high performance course at Great America
was so tight that it was impossible to appreciate the cars.  I found the
best course to be  what I would call the "luxury sedan" course in that you
could go faster and put the car through some higher performance moves.  This
area features cars like a BMW 528, big lexus, big infinity, hugh US boat
cars like the park avenue....

One note: the non-GM cars all seem to have performance inhibiting problems.
The infinity had bald tires for example.

As long as you don't hit any cones they let you drive the cars as hard as
you want, but if you hit cones twice you're ejected (how does he know that
you might ask...).  This is mainly because the courses are so tight you
really can't get going very fast.  I'd still recommend it but don't expect
to be "autocrossing".
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu