Re: driving to events on race tires

To: Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: driving to events on race tires
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:55:15 -0800
I never drive my RX-7 on anything *but* race boots. When I
experienced for the first time how awesome race boots are a few
short years ago, no other boot has been installed on the car. I
get about 5000 miles of life on Kumhos. BFG R1s were about the
same.

In the rain, street boots are better. But IMO not that much
better. I think any RWD car with wide boots and light weight will
be a pain in the rain, regardless of what kind of boots it has.