Re: driving to events on race tires

To: lollipop@ricochet.net, Larrybsp@aol.com
Subject: Re: driving to events on race tires
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:38:17 -0800 (PST)
I'd driven for several years on race tires to events,
and often just onb the street because I liked them.
Lady luck ran out last year when I got two punctures
in as many weeks. Try getting any respectable tire
place to fix a Kumho in the prime of life - i.e. no
tread.

I'd always completely disregarded the 55mph trailer
concept - but lsat season I found myself pulled over,
paced and otherwise annoyed by the CHP. I tried
driving to a few events at 55, and its really, really
hard. I can't drive 55...

Craig

--- Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net> wrote:
> Another point is that the "sticky" tires will pick
> up more road garbage,
> perhaps some of which will poke through the tire and
> cause a flat.
>     OTH, changing tires at an event means you have
> to be able to transport
> them, either carrying them in the car or in a little
> tire trailer (which
> legally you cannot go faster than 55 mph when
> towing).
> --Pat K
>
> Larrybsp@aol.com wrote:
>
> > from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)
> >
> >                 Enno,
> >                          You can drive any of the
> steel belted radial race
> > tires to an event with no worry, Kumho, BFG,
> Yokohama, etc.
> > You don't want to drive to and from an event on
> Hoosiers which
> > don't have a steel belt. As far as wear, you'll
> wear off more rubber
> > on your first run than on your entire trip.
> >

>                larry

Do You Yahoo!?