Re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:53:56 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2006 3:31:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@sccaprepared.com writes:

There  are good reasons supporting both sides of this particular debate,
but the  stuff you write above is pretty much idiocy.  I don't know if its
on  purpose or not, but idiocy it remains.

Mark

Mark,

I guess I didn't read Chris' post the same way you did.  Maybe  my
personal viewpoint on a lot of this is a result of serving several  years
on the SEB and having to try to please a lot of constituencies when
making rules for the sport, but I believe Chris was trying to say  that
the people who have long advocated running on street tires instead
of R-tires now have a set of their own classes in which they can run
on street tires.  And yet we continue to see threads on all the  lists
several times a year still advocating the elimination of R-tires.

People DO have a choice.  People who want a place to run street
tires now have one.  There are people who still want to run  R-tires,
and they still have a place to do so.  Why is co-existence of  these
two groups so difficult?

GH