re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock

To: "Kevin Stevens" <autox@pursued-with.net>,
Subject: re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:39:07 -0600
> > Right now, the Falken Azenis is a good tire for ST
> > classes. These tires are pretty cheap (I just bought a
> > set for 300 bucks or so).  The SEB is unlikely to pull
> the plug on
>
> Interesting, I just bought a set for *800* bucks or so.
> WTF size tires are you running,

195-60-14

>and where are you getting them?!

http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/1956014/
<http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/1956014/>

Falken Azenis Rt615 for my stock Miata.  Our local council
has a "T" class which is scored on PAX.  You can run any
class except classe which were already restricted to
SCCA-defined "street tires".  I put EST on the side and my
best time will be multiplied by the E-Stock PAX factor.

We generally get about 20 cars an event in this class.

I'm anxious to see how I do in this class.  We have a couple
of gifted drivers, especially one in an EVO, so I will have
some real competition.  I'm not doing anything to the car
but the Azenis, alignment, and a Flying-Miata front bar with
Heim links.

See:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/69434913/in/set-1723750/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/69434913/in/set-1723750/>

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier