Re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock
From: Cliff Strabac <cstrabac@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:09:48 -0500 (EST)
Please forgive the ignorance, I've only been around
the sport for a couple of years. But how is
restricting stock class tire's to non R's going to
have an effect on the max speed attained on course?
(The max spped is the insurance issue right?) Sure
stock cars will be slightly slower but prepared and
mod classes don't seem to be the target - and they are
theoretically faster then stock - and will still be
allowed to use R's. What would prevent me from
entering my stock car in a prepared class just to be
able to use R's?

The reduced cost argument that has been floated around
doesn't seem to be justified because for elite
competition, streets will still need to be shaved
resulting in minimal savings over R's.

Cliff