Re: Autocrossing In the Rain

To: adam popp <raft321@fuse.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocrossing In the Rain
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:12:52 -0700
--On Monday, September 15, 2003 20:22 -0400 adam popp <raft321@fuse.net>
wrote:

> Hello everyone. Since some classes had to run in the rain thursday at the
> nationals and at a local event yesterday some of us drivers had to run in
> the rain. I have to ask a couple questions to you guys in which, how many
> people really enjoy autocrossing in the rain,and what about if we came up
> with a rule that no autocrosses would have racing in the rain and just
> run in the dry?

I love autocrossing in the rain, probably because I'm good at it.
(Interestingly, I'm also really good at GT3 rain courses.)  It's not
practical to avoid autocrossing in the rain in most cases, for site rental
reasons if not others.

To get more to the meat of your post, unless you melt in the rain I suspect
you're really saying something about varying course conditions and their
effect on the results.  If so, bear in mind that varying course conditions
CAN'T be eliminated, and rain is just one of the more extreme examples of
that.  It's always true to a degree.

KeS