Re: Autocrossing In the Rain

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Autocrossing In the Rain
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:26:51 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "adam popp" <raft321@fuse.net>

> ...how many people
> really enjoy autocrossing in the rain,and what about if we came up with a
rule
> that no autocrosses would have racing in the rain and just run in the dry?

*Driving* in the rain is fun...*working* in the rain is not!

I think you'd have trouble getting autocross to follow in the footsteps of
NASCAR, CART and the IRL until clubs own their own sites.  Site access --
especially for the better sites -- is often difficult to reschedule,
especially since they're sometimes competing with better-paying customers.
And for some sites, you schedule it, you pay for it, whether 0 or 1000 cars
run!

It would be even harder for national events, where many people are taking
vacation time to travel -- rescheduling vacation time at the last minute is
all but impossible for some.

Now what about indoor autocross.... :)

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si