RE: Autocrossing In the Rain

To: "'adam popp'" <raft321@fuse.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Autocrossing In the Rain
From: "Glen Thompson" <glen.thompson@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:56:34 -0400
Do I enjoy it?  Not any more than I enjoy hanging around on hot asphalt on
a 95 degree day.  It does, however, add to the variety of our events.  As
long as it doesn't give head to head competitors an unfair advantage, it's
not so bad.

At our event yesterday we had light mist during setup but it started
clearing just about the time we started running.  The first competitors
had to deal with a very slippery course.  We normally 2 runs for everybody
then do it again.  Yesterday this was an advantage as everybody got some
wet runs and some dry runs.

The only events we have ever cancelled due to weather were because of ice,
snow, or thunderstorms.  I'm not going to have course workers in the
middle of a lot when there's lightning.

glen