RE: Proposal for vintage-oriented autocross class.

To: "'INTERNET:autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Proposal for vintage-oriented autocross class.
From: "Robert D. LaMoreaux" <Rob_LaMoreaux@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:51:17 -0500
Sounds like a cool idea, since I only autocross my Elan at the regional
level and then just for the fun of it.

On the tires I'd have to say DOT approved that fit under the fenders, since
it is pretty much impossible to get 13" tires with treadwear more than 140,
but less than granite (350). Yokohama still makes 175/60R13s A032Rs that
fit under my fenders barely. The PAX adjustment for street tires sounds
like a good idea.

Overall as a regional only optional thing, it sounds like a good idea. As a
national level rule it does not seem to make sense to me.

Rob LaMoreaux
Ann Arbor, MI 48108-1273
Home: 734-971-5583
Work: 734-822-9696
Fax: 734-973-1103
Home email: Rob_LaMoreaux@compuserve.com
Work email: rlamoreaux@mtspt.com
Too many Hobbies.... Too Little Time
1969 Lotus Elan....It's not a restoration, it's a never-ending adventure.