Re: Proposal for vintage-oriented autocross class.

To: "Scott M. Stone" <sstone@foo3.com>
Subject: Re: Proposal for vintage-oriented autocross class.
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendotracing@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:17:32 -0500
Well, my beloved big fat Plastic cars still present some tire
selection/availability problems when you go to 16". Heavy cars just need
larger tires and choices are getting to be fewer all the time. Want to go
all the way to + 1.5 inch across the board? I'd think a lot of cars would
have fender clearance problems at that dimension. How about just 0.5 inch?
Especially if you are going to allow alternate rims diameters. Plenty of 8.5
x 16 wheels available. Still tire size challenges, but it would be better I
think. research required. Requiring greater than 60 aspect ratio is a
killer.
Bruce