RE: Outlawed Tires?

To: "'David Disney'" <disney7@icx.net>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Outlawed Tires?
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:29:10 -0500
It's for the same reason that the Tirerack doesn't carry them.  There's
something about Falken having a rather strict "no compete" clause for their
distributors and both Discount Tire and the Tirerack sell competing brands
in those markets.

I think the main sources for the Falken Azenis' are: vulcantire.com,
onlinetires.com and victoriatire.com.

I received the worst possible service from Victoria Tires this spring during
the great Falken shortage.  But since they (finally) were the only ones to
have them in stock I purchased from them and at the highest price I had ever
heard of for a 205/50-15 Falken, $69 each.  My first attempt to purchase
from them was a disaster.  I spoke with Edwin who assured me they had 20 of
the size I wanted (205-15) in stock.  I asked if he could personally verify
that the stock was in their warehouse and he reassured me they were.  Again
I asked if he would please go verify the stock levels and again he assured
me they were there.

Two days later I received a call from Edwin stating that they were out of
stock.  Grrrrrrr.  About 3 weeks later they received another shipment and I
quickly, though under protest, ordered six for myself.

The market should be better now as the spring rush is over.  Good luck in
your quest.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS
'98 Dodge Neon (see-dan)