Bentley news

To: mattm@optonline.net
Subject: Bentley news
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:53:43 -0400
Matt Murray passes along some news,which said:

"Bentley ... said its new GT coupe, will produce more
than 500 hp.

Bentley will make the engine at its plant in Crewe, England,
where the rest of the vehicle also will be made"

[I snipped some things outta the original text.  Sue me]

Hi Matt-

This might also represent An Historic Moment in that Bentley actually
announced the horsepower rating for the car.  In the past, HP for Bentleys
has always been described in the factory info as "adequate."

It's also interesting to see that the engine, car, etc will all be built at
the old home place in Crewe.  I guess the "old world craftsmen" in Crewe
were good enough for the new bosses in Wolfsburg.  (Or wherever Vee-Dub
headquarters is)  Wonder if they're still using the small teams of guys
(who have mostly worked together since The War) to assemble the engines?  I
hope so.  After all, it IS a Bentley.

Peace, Love & Pushrods-
JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB