Re: Is A Stock Soft

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is A Stock Soft
From: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:49:29 -0400
At 8:56 PM -0400 6/9/02, Robfalkner@aol.com wrote:
>     i also believe that all the boxsters and s2000  should be together. the
>boxster should be together in a-stock as a best of breed, the
>boxster s is only an
>option package like the zo6.

>    Rob Falkner
>    boxster S  2000 2nd and 2001 3rd
>    968 1999 4th

Hmmmm...

So, the 2002 Porsche Turbo should be in the same class as the base
996 C2; it's just an option package.  (944 Turbo/944 as easily)
(Personally, I think that the 4wd Porsche Turbo's *should* be in SS.
There aren' t that many of them that I expect to see autocrossed and
they might give the Z06 a run for its money!)

The M-Coupe/Roadster should be in the same class as the Z3 1.8; it's
just an option package.

The Camaro SS should be in the same class as the Camaro V6.

The MINI Cooper S in HS, it's just an option package for the Cooper.

Etc, etc, etc...

That might work for SP, not for Stock.  The Boxster S certainly isn't
leaps and bounds ahead of the Boxster, but it is certainly a
different stock configuration.  I don't think you can add 'options'
to a regular Boxster and get it to S specs, but I admit I haven't
tried...)

David
--
David W. James                  vnendNOSPAM@adelphia.net