Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?

To: "Brad Holliday" <bradholliday@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?
From: "Joe Goeke" <teamnet@hedlygoeke.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:53:26 -0700
> Additionally, there seems to be very little difference between AS and BS,
so
> moving the S2000 and Boxter (and maybe 968) into AS doesn't seem like that
> big of stretch.  It would also turn AS into a two car class, which I
> consider a good thing.

The only problem with this is you are mixing apples and oranges, as in cars
of totally different types.  It's the duck theory.  You don't see CS Miata's
with FS Camero's together do you?  There is a lot of data that show they run
very similar times, but they are totally different cars, so they are not
classes together.  The current BS and AS cars fit this situation also.  A
very torquey 300HP V8 3200lb corvette vs. a torqueless 240HP 4cyl 2700 lb
S2000 are totally different ducks.  I say give AS some time to mature.  I
think there are other cars that are more suitable match for the current AS
formula.
---JHG
206-295-3269
// --- Need to host a website?  www.goekeweb.com