Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?
From: "Brad Holliday" <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 01:04:22 +0000
>Just what is broken here?

I think BS is a great class this year and the participation proves it.  So,
"fixing" it may not be a good idea.

However, for those of us that own slow BS cars (I own a MR2, but am driving
a S2000), there seems to be a large gap between BS and CS where our cars
could have a competitive class.  This inbetween class would have the MR2
Turbo, M3, Z3, Z3 coupe, 911 RS America, and 944S2 all being fairly
competitive (edge to the MR2).  Another advantage of this class is that some
of the cars are very affordable, while still having good street performance.

Additionally, there seems to be very little difference between AS and BS, so
moving the S2000 and Boxter (and maybe 968) into AS doesn't seem like that
big of stretch.  It would also turn AS into a two car class, which I
consider a good thing.

BTW, the S2000 seems easier to drive than the MR2...so everything is
relative!

Brad Holliday