Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?

To: "David Hedderick" <davebs14@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: was Is A-stock soft? now BS?
From: "Joe Goeke" <teamnet@hedlygoeke.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:11:15 -0700
> > To me, the data from this year's Pro and Tour events
> > show that the S2000 is
> > an overdog in BS.
>
> Good point. On most courses I feel that the S2000 is
> th car to have. On some courses I think the rest of
> the feild can be in the hunt. Maybe it's because the
> S2000 is such a hard car to drive fast?

I think it's mostly course dependancy.  Yes the S2000 is tricker to go fast
in, but that make's it more fun also :-).  Andy Mckee and I both have
expereince in both, and while we like the S2000, we both know the Boxster
can kick it's butt at some courses like at nationals ;-).  Just look at
Andy's results from last year and most of the time he was smoking fast in
the Boxster.  So why now an S2000?  You have to remember the S2000 is a lot
cheaper to buy and own, easier to align and change, a good pro car (the
Boxster sucks...), and it has a higher "fun factor", so you to can see why
we are choosing this car.  Not because it's a lot faster.

> Same question as above...However, if you move both of
> those cars up, then the 968 will be winning again I
> think (with the MR2T and M3 fughting it out for 2nd?).
> I've had the opertunity to drive the fastest stock 968
> on many occasions and I think that if the S2000 and
> Boxster get moved up then the 968 will be the next car
> to beat.

This is VERY true.  Look at what the Kazlak's did in the 968.  This car is
way underated, and can easily run with the S2000 and Boxster.  The data
shows it.  With this, you have three top running cars for the class, and we
have good pariticipation.  Just what is broken here?

---JHG
206-295-3269
// --- Need to host a website?  www.goekeweb.com