Re: Is A-stock soft?

To: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>, autox
Subject: Re: Is A-stock soft?
From: David Hedderick <davebs14@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> To me, the data from this year's Pro and Tour events
> show that the S2000 is
> an overdog in BS.

Good point. On most courses I feel that the S2000 is
th car to have. On some courses I think the rest of
the feild can be in the hunt. Maybe it's because the
S2000 is such a hard car to drive fast?

>There have also been some AS
> drivers who have said that
> they don't want the S2000 bumped up to AS.  If the
> AS folks are afraid of
> the S2000, then that's another indication that it is
> too fast for BS.

What is "too fast for BS"?

>I think that the Boxster is also too fast for BS, and
> that moving the S2000
> and Boxster to AS would improve participation and
> competition in both the AS
> and BS classes.

Same question as above...However, if you move both of
those cars up, then the 968 will be winning again I
think (with the MR2T and M3 fughting it out for 2nd?).
I've had the opertunity to drive the fastest stock 968
on many occasions and I think that if the S2000 and
Boxster get moved up then the 968 will be the next car
to beat.

If I'm to be attached at the hip with the S2000 in the
classing issue then I'm SOL anyways.  :-)  Why else
would some have left their Boxsters to go to S2000's?
:-)

David Hedderick
(waiting for hardtop Boxster in 2004)   :-)
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com