Re: Welding roll cages

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welding roll cages
From: "Jeff Cawthorne" <jabberwalky13@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:45:50 -0700
When I ran American Sedan I saw a Mustang that took care of this issue in a
very clever way.  He had the main hoop on blocks of square tubing, so I
asked him why they weren't attached down on the floor.  He said the blocks
allowed him to drop the cage enough to weld all the way around the top of
the cage, at the back and the front.  After welding up the tops, they used
the blocks as shims to position the cage, it was very clean and a great
idea.

Jeff Cawthorne
89 Corvette "the pile"
San Diego