Welding roll cages

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welding roll cages
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:13:08 -0500
Howdy all from the decently weathered Midwest.

This question goes out to all who have ever welded a complete roll cage into
a closed cockpit car.  How on earth does one weld around the very top of the
cage tube junctions where it almost, if it doesn't, touch the roof and
pillars? One can't honestly tell me that every cage out there in SCCA land
has full circumference welds on _every_ junction.  I know 'cuz I've looked
at a lot of them.

And please don't tell me to cut the roof off, though that might almost be
easier.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS
'98 Dodge Neon (see-dan)