Re: Timing Equipment

To: gspray@kscable.com, evolution-discussions@egroups.com,
Subject: Re: Timing Equipment
From: JVHT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:18:11 EST
At 05:53 PM 11/15/2001 -0800, Rick Brown wrote:

>> > I worked for me hare at home under Win ME.
> >>

>>Let me restate that.  The software "runs" under ME, but it wouldn't sense
>>the JAC timer coming in through the serial port.  Something about the way
ME

_______________
>Gary Spray
>90 Mazda Miata
>Topeka, Kansas

Gary,

We have been using Rob Gregg's AutoX T/S software since 1999 and have never
had a failure. (we still keep a manual log and time cards for backup) Check
our website for results:

http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/99sched.html

It works best under Windows95 or 98. We use the network version so we can use
multiple PC's for registration (we use 4 at this time, very short lines when
we have four operators show up for work). The network version has some short
comings that Rob will correct with the much anticipated Windows version. But,
we now enjoy the "Announcer Screen" and the ability to register or perform
edits "on the fly" during an event. It's Great!!!  Hopefully we will be able
to use the "Ticker" program to have real time stats available to the drivers
via another monitor once it works as intended.

John Taylor
Webmaster/ B/P Corvette & resident "PC nerd" @ GCAC

http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/