Start!! Racing

To: autox@us.ibm.com, Stang93@mindspring.com
Subject: Start!! Racing
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:36:08 -0500
Ryan,

     Hi. I went to a school (Start!! Racing:  www.startracing.com) done by
these guys back in 1994. It was tremendous fun. I just looked them up and
was glad to see them still around. I was all ready to get started karting
when I got back home (NY). Never happened, but it always sits in the back
of my mind. Hopefully it will come around front when my 3 year gets older.
Right now my autox club and all the surrounding clubs don't allow karting.
I would like to change that, so thats smoldering in the back of my brain
too.
     They supply all of the equipment including suit, helmet and neck
brace. I think they were 70cc karts, and definitely pulling 70mph at the
end of the long straight. They did class (outside in a tent) in front of a
blackboard type of thing, and seat time, going back and forth between the
two. Plenty of seat time. I did a two day thing (weekend I think). One of
the instructors was a formula 3000 champ from Mexico. I can go on and on,
it is one of the few things I remember from 1994. So check it out, one
thing i don't remember was the cost, but it was definitely worth it. I
remember the instructor pulling me over and saying, "you are going too
slow, brake later into the turn." I said ok, and at the end of that 70mph
straight I broke later and spun right off into the weeds. It was a lot of
fun. You really can't get your self into trouble because there is no real
weight so moments of inertia are low, so is your center of gravity, and all
slides, spins, etc. are uneventful.

Cheers,

Jim L
2000 Maxima SE
1967 MGB-GT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
karma - n. - the force produced by a person's actions in one of their lives
which influences what happens to them in their future lives