Re: Timing Equipment

To: "Andrew Schmiechen" <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>,
Subject: Re: Timing Equipment
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:15:43 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
To: <JVHT@aol.com>; <gspray@kscable.com>; team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 9:52 AM

> I'm quite new to AutoX/TS but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit run
> times on the fly.  If I could select a driver who just finished, by
pressing
> one of the F keys and then reassign them a time, this would be ideal for
> when problems arise on course.

If you press Shift-Fn that gets you to the driver in the finished cars list.
But you can only edit the car number or cone count/dnf, not the time itself.
To edit the times, you hit "E" then type in the car # you want to edit and
you can edit the times.  This replaces the right hand window so you can't
enter more staged cars and it might also inhibit screen updates till you are
done, although no incoming times are lost.  Since we are networked, one of
the computers is used for "admin" and we do any editing there rather than
distracting the timing computer operator.

> I also haven't found a way to label a run as a re-run.  Anyone have
> suggestions for this?

Nope, it can't be done at this time.  You are supposed to delete that time
(Shift-Fn, delete, yes).  But that is one of the things we want, to keep the
rerun times.  In our next request for customizing (Rob has done a number of
custome things for us) thats one of the things I'm going to ask for, a key
to mark a run (R?) as a rerun and then move it out of the official runs (if
you haven't already noticed, if you look at all of a drivers runs, however
many runs you say count (3, 4, etc) are highlighted in the list and any
other times they get are muted and don't count in figuring results).

>Let me get this straight, you have Win98 on the laptop.  When you use AutoX
>TS you run it from a DOS prompt within Windows, correct?  And it "sees" the
>timer?  I can't get this to work.  If I boot directly into DOS, then AutoX
>TS sees the timer without problem.  Any thoughts?

I don't run it from a DOS prompt.  I either double click on autox.exe in
Windows Explorer, or the icon on my desktop that does the same thing.

>BTW I've heard about this upcoming Windows version for about 2 years now.
>I'd really like to have it, but I'm not holding my breath.  I've also never
>heard that this is in development from Rob, only from other sources.

Yea, I know, I've heard about this for a long time, too.   And I think it
was from somebody else on the list who has worked closer with Rob and did
some of the beta testing, at least that was my impression.  Sure would be
nice to get away from the limitations of DOS.

Rick Brown
CalClub Solo2 T&S