Re: Timing Equipment

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing Equipment
From: Gary Spray <gspray@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:47:17 -0600
At 11:13 AM 11/15/2001 -0800, Rick Brown wrote:
>For a timing program, check out www.autoxts.com .  It is currently DOS based
>(supposedly a Win version coming someday), but will run in a Windows window
>up to Win98 (won't work under ME).

I worked for me hare at home under Win ME.

>Has most of the features you mention,
>plus many more.  You can download a fully functional but entry limited
>version plus the manual for free.  It can be networked so you have a timing
>computer, one or more registration computers.

This works REALLY cool!

>It does not do timing, but
>relies on an external timer, which I think is the best way personally. I
>would recommend the JAC system.  The software will output time to a printer
>each time a car finishes, including name, car #, time, etc.  And you can
>hook a large display to either the computer or JAC timer.

The Kansas Region runs two displays.

Also, Rob Gregg, the creator, will customize it for you. He is supposedly
working on online registration as well.

Gary Spray
Topeka, Kansas
White 1990 Mazda Miata
Kansas Region SCCA - Solo 2
#16 CS (or 19, or 61, or 91, or 1, or 6, or 9; only got two numbers, and
for 2002 I've gotta get an "E")