RE: best route, Nebraska to Topeka ??

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: best route, Nebraska to Topeka ??
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:46:40 -0500
Yes, Mr. Cool Shirt Inventor there is another option.

When you get to Lincoln, AKA The Husker-Plex, go into town via exit 401,
that will dump you onto 9th street.

Where I-180 ends you will be next to that most Holy of Holy's,
University of Nebraska's Memorial Stadium. (On Saturday the 8th Our
Boys/Felons play Notre Dame. The game has an 8pm start time so at that
time The Lincoln Shortcut will add about 2 hours to your trip due to
traffic congestion. If you're from California this will seem normal.)

Follow 9th street for four or five miles and you'll see a sign for
Highway 2. Highway 2 runs southeast to Nebraska City where it meets
Highway 75 just outside of an outlet mall. Once you're on Highway 75,
also known as the Heartland Park AutoBahn, you're two hours from the
pending SCCA-plex.

Regretably and inexplicably the denizens of Highway 2 tend to drive
slower than children on big-wheels, but it's mostly four-lane.

Good luck & may the Force be with you,
UNL class of '89

>I did this once when I was already in Omaha.  It is one of the best
>North-South routes, but doesn't I-80 swing North going from Lincoln to
Omaha?