RE: best route, Nebraska to Topeka ??

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: best route, Nebraska to Topeka ??
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:05:56 -0500
Ohh is this going to get me in trouble with the Editor and most of
Kansas.

The Nebraska route lets you skip Denver AND the traffic moves faster.
Fly though Wyoming or crawl through Colorado. At 75 in Kansas you will
be passing people. At 80 in Nebraska people will be passing you.

Nebraska speed limits are lower than Wyoming, but still 75 and with the
exception of a single county you will not be stopped for going 10 over
the limit.

We are after all speed junkies, aren't we.

> At Cheyenne, go south to Denver on I-25. Then west to Topeka on I-70.
> That's how we came home (to Salina) from California last February,
> towing a U-Haul. Actually, there is a shortcut south from Laramie on
> US-287 that we took because I-80 was snow-closed Laramie>Cheyenne --
> but it is a little weird trying to find your way onto I-25 again from
> 287. I'd stick to the Interstates.

The reason I suggested going into Nebraska on I-80 (Don is my
co-driver/car
owner/
team manager) is that I've almost never gotten thru Denver without
California
style traffic jams (even at times I would not have expected.)  I've also

tried 287, and found the traffic slow and difficult to pass, plus
several
westerners have had incidents on that road en route to Kansas.

CHD

///
///  To unsubscribe send a plain text message to
majordomo@autox.team.net ///  with nothing in it but ///
///     unsubscribe autox
///