Re: Alabama Road Construction

To: conekiller@prodigy.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alabama Road Construction
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:08:02
"Rick Cone" <conekiller@prodigy.net> wrote:

>So how many of us got caught in the most brilliant Alabama DOT
>road construction crew, just west of Birmingham on I20 last night....
>
>It will probably take a day or so to reply since most of you had your drive
>home delayed by some 3 hours.

I left Meridian about half an hour after the trophy presentation
concluded, and was tied up in that mess for exactly 1.5 hours.
No biggie, except that I aggravated my clutch knee, and the
pain was unbearable after sitting in the car for more than
an hour.  I wound up stopping at *every* rest area on the
way home to walk off the pain.  I just got home at 9:00 PM
eastern, and can't believe that it took me 25 hours to
cover 1146 miles.

Oh, yeah.  Add me to the list of people that got the double
whammy when they closed I-59 and diverted everyone onto the
city streets.  Give the Birmingham police some credit for putting
officers at each intersection along the detour, who directed
traffic through red lights and stuff.  I was hung up less
than 10 minutes by this one.....

-Arthur ("Won't brake for Alababa highway workers any more" edition.)