Re: Alabama Road Construction

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alabama Road Construction
From: "Dale" <scirocco_mk1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:29:40 -0600
We got a phone call from other members (our non-trailered car drivers) of
our group that were stuck in the traffic.  So we stopped for dinner (took
about 1 hour) at CB on exit 76, and found an alternative route.  We were
able to take State route 69 (that's right 69) out of Tuscaloosa (back
tracking a few miles to get to route 69).  As it turns out we ended up on 52
miles behind them once we got to I-65 north.  And they had been traveling
almost 85 miles/hour when not stuck in traffic and we (four trailered cars
and 1 lone RX7) never exceed 75 and much less then that on route 69.
So I must thank our fellow drivers from our club that called us, or instead
of getting home at 2:00 am, it could have been 4:00 am.

Thanks!

Dale
31 FSP - 1981 VW Scirocco S