Re: Bay Area-3Com Park, Solo II Questions

To: "Halford Tome" <htome@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bay Area-3Com Park, Solo II Questions
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:11:44 -0800
> Q1) When does track setup start?

About 7am.

> Q2) When do people (drivers and cars) start to show up?

7-8am.

> Q3) What time does the event wrap up?

When it's over, hopefully by dark.

> Q4) Is this event slit up into a morning session and afternoon session? (I
> noticed that there is a morning and afternoon "Mandatory" drivers meeting.)

Yes, we run four groups in the morning, with a lunch break/course walk of
20-30 minutes, then four groups in the afternoon.  The idea is to enable
people to spend only half a day.

> Q5) How many runs do we get?

Three timed runs, with fun runs at the end of each morning/afternoon session
solely at the discretion of the event chair.

> Q6) Are passengers allowed on official timed runs? I have a couple of
> friend who never did try Autocrossing. I want to give them a ride and
> hopefully infect them with this hobby. I'm not very competitive so I really
> don't care too much about my times (but I do like to have good runs).

Passengers are allowed at any time.  They must meet minimum age restrictions,
be wearing a competition-legal helmet, and have signed the appropriate waiver.

 > Please let me know and if you have any other suggestions please let me
know.

Because of the large turnouts we get, a current SCCA membership card is
required to run.

Check the web site: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2 for much, much more
information.

KeS