Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:23:45 -0500
It could be worse. Take a close look at the PCA logo sometime. The eagle on
it does not appear to be the one we see on our money but the one that was
featured by the Third Reich in so much of their propaganda. Now I'm probably
the opposite of PC, perhaps even anti-PC, so it really doesn't matter that
much to me. However, I could see how it could offend some.

My big problems with changing the logo are continuity and expense. The SCCA
dates from the 50s so I don't see any problem with having a logo of that
period. You don't see the Masons changing their symbols to help attract a
new crowd. And unless some member does it for free I am very much opposed to
spending big bucks to have Madison Avenue craft the "proper image". Spend
the money on the race volunteers instead whose ranks are diminishing in some
areas at an alarming rate.

But hey, I'm a curmudgeon-in-training. I never thought I would never grow
too old to like to listen to modern music and along came rap to prove me
wrong.

Paul Foster