Autocross Timing Systems

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autocross Timing Systems
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:26:51 -0600
I'm in the process of proposing a new timing system for our local
autocrosses.  Our current system is old and prone to errors, falsing and
reruns.

Requirements of the system is that it runs "hands off," connects to a laptop
for computerized scoring, can run at least 4 cars simultaneously, and at
least a 50' range on the photocells.

I have 3 specific timing systems that I'm looking at.  I would appreciate it
if anyone has any feedback to give on the systems, both positive and
negative.  In addition, if I've missed any other products in my search,
please feel free to point them out to me.

Here are the systems I've already looked at and would appreciate comments
on:

JA Circuits
http://www.mich.com/~jacircts/products.htm

Chronomix CT600 Car Timing Set