Re: Female participation help

To: "Michael Poorboy" <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>,
Subject: Re: Female participation help
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:37:54 -0800
Cal Club has a yearly Ladies Only School.  All instructors are women.  Any
men that show up are allowed to work course and be pit crew only.  No
comments to their significant other allowed.  This was started by our female
chariman at the time to encourage a number of women who had said they felt
intimidated at regular events and at times by their sig other. The school is
usually the Saturday before a regular championship event and I believe we
give free entry to the lady and the guy who brought her for the
championship. I think the first one drew 10-12 and now is in the 20-30
range.  It doesn't hurt that we have a number of female National Champions
here either.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z