Re: Female participation help

To: Jon Rush <jonathan.rush@sdrc.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Female participation help
From: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:22:58 -0800
Jon Rush wrote:

> Michael Poorboy wrote:
> >
> > Hi list ,
> > I am looking over the past participation of the female drivers
> > in our club. The numbers seemed to be very low probably
> > around 4% to 5% per event. I feel we should be around 10%
> > to 15% and growing at this time.
>
> Can you explain why you feel this way?

I wasn't expecting this question :-)

Here is why I feel this way. More women are now part of the everyday work
landscape. They travel the freeways to work and back and in many cases do
more then their share ferrying the children to practice school or other
activities.
Autocrossing gives them away to learn how to handle their vehicles safely
in a
panic or defensive driving situation. Not only women learn from this but so
do
men. My thought are wouldn't you feel safer if your daughters, wife's, or
other
family members had a grasp on how to handle a vehicle safely under these
conditions.

We are not just looking at women participation in our club , but also young

drivers and old alike. The youth participation in our club is growing
rapidly and
they are returning to the events.

I do like the question you asked. These are my opinions and I don't mind
being
flamed for them.

Mike
ASNW