RE: Local event fees

To: Loren@kscable.com
Subject: RE: Local event fees
From: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2001 09:26:14 -0800
Loren,

Philly region tried this with limited success in the '00 season, it was not
worth it.  and actually someone did get hurt running to a station on a hot
course I feel it was dangerous, we can get 5-6 runs with 100 cars using our
split day format..  and be on the road by 4:30-5:00  important things are to
design a course that allows cars to be released every 20 seconds this will
shorten heats and allow more runs..  we purchased Rob Gregg's autox/ts which
allows networked computers to register drivers while the event is hot, works
really well!!!!

so points to remember

1. design a course where a car every 20 seconds is not dangerous (15 if you can
squeeze it in)

2. keep breaks to a minimum, if cars change heats stay on top of the drivers,
give 20 min breaks max and enforce them (offer to DNF any driver that does not
make the time cutoff)

3. register morning drivers early, then afternoon drivers while the morning is
running and keep the course hot as much as possable, keep your changeovers
short, 20 min lunch break is morte then sufficent for walk throughs.

4. START ON TIME!!!!!!  And have a dedicated asshole one who does not feel bad
penalizing people for not following drivers meeting instructons, give someone a
DNF and make them loose a run for being late and they will not do it again..

Jeff