RE: Local event fees

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Local event fees
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:02:16 -0600
> We are actively exploring ways to change workers on the fly so we can get
> even MORE runs a day. Anybody out there do that?

I've done it a few times.  It's not that difficult.  I think it takes three
key things:
1. Workers need to be told and understand that they remain at their post until
they are relieved because there is NO down time.
2. Worker chief needs to be on top of things.  He needs to keep track of who's
on course and how long they've been out there.
3. Grid chief needs to be on top of things.  He needs to keep the cars coming
out in the correct order and ensure smooth transition from one heat to the
next.

When it's time for a worker change, the workers report to the worker chief, he
points them to a position and updates his worker list to reflect who went out,
who came in and when.  Workers have to be sent out one at a time because they
are going out onto a "hot" course.

To keep things moving, the oncoming drivers needs to be pre-staged and ready
to run as soon as the current heat finishes.

There's really nothing to it once you get it going, and it can easily save
10-15 minutes per heat.  It does take a fair amount of organization and some
quick-thinking and dedicated people to pull it off.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@kscable.com
'96 Mazda Miata | Wichita Region SCCA - http://wichitascca.org/