Re: Helmets - how to figure Snell rating

To: "Jim Wilson" <jim@jamesdwilson.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Helmets - how to figure Snell rating
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:02:54 -0600
Simpson Bandit should be rated. My current and previous helmets are Bandits.
Look inside, in the back, pull down the flap, the sticker should be there
(that's where it is on both of mine).

Possibly it was lost. Possibly it did not get put on by mistake. Without it,
the helmet is not legal. BUT ... if the sticker is not there, you can
probably send it back to Simpson and have them re-certify it.

I understand that if you have an older Simpson, you could send it back and
have it re-stickered to the current standard ... IF, of course, it meets the
current standard (some do, some don't; and they'll examine it first). That
may be true of Bell and other brands also. I'd call them and ask first
before sending a helmet back

--Rocky Entriken.