Re: Helmets

To: "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>,
Subject: Re: Helmets
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:09:40 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
To: Gail/Sid deLeon <deleon@sstar.com>
Cc: team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, January 08, 2001 7:23 PM

>Now that you've raised the issue, Gail, this might be a good time to
>remind EVERYBODY that the new (2000) Snell rating is finally out.
>Came out in October - a year later than expected.

Actually, that's not unusual or unexpected at all. The Snell standard
upgrades come in five-year increments, but I've seen them not come out until
as much as two years after the date of the standard.

B'sides, it is not really the year on the sticker that governs, so much as
the fact that the stickers exist. 2000 stickers did not exist at the
beginning of 2000, therefore the 1985 stickers were still good as the
"current standard" was 1995 and Solo goes back two previous. Similarly, road
racing allowed back to the 1990 standard (it goes back one previous).

--Rocky