Re: STU Displacement Limit - An Idea

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STU Displacement Limit - An Idea
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:34:55 -0700
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> STU displacement limits are as follows:
>    - for overhead camshaft engines - 2.500 litres
>    - for pushrod valvetrain engines - 4.000 litres
>    - for rotory (wankel) engines        - 1.5 litres
>
> This would allow the Grand Prix, Regal etc (they _are_ pushrod motors, right?)
> but keep out the more expensive/rare Porches, Supras, etc.

        Yeah, and you just threw out alot of the european cars. But a 944 turbo
still fits, 2.5L 4 banger. However, I can almost guarantee that 95% of
the STU cars are going to be OHC.

> Take a hard look at this, please. Let me know who we wind up
> allowing/disallowing (especially with the rotories) with this layout. Feel
>free
> to suggest better limits.

        Rotaries, most commonly the mazdas are all likely to be 2 rotor 13b
motors anyhow. Do you have any idea how expensive a japanese 3 rotor
motor is? Yoiks.

        All the 6 banger bimmers are out (2.8L up to 3.2L). All the VR6
volkswagens are out too (2.8L). Starting look like a pretty exclusive
club all of a sudden. I think you need to relax those restrictions.

> BTW, how big is the Olds Quad 4 motor?

2.3L I think.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/