Re: Shifter kart questions

To: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shifter kart questions
From: Dave Head <rally2xs@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:43:44 -0400
After researching it a bit, not thoroughly, Philidelphia Region was the
only one within reasonable distance of me, in Fredericksbur, Va, that
welcomes Karts.  You might check soem of ther NY regions - I think I saw
something up around Buffalo (?) that had results with karts in them.

I doubt anyone is going to object about you're running a 100 cc with the
125 cc machines, but of course you'll be at a great disadvantage.  I
suppose you could bore and stroke it, to get it up to 125cc, but you might
find simply buying a new engine just as cost effective.

I've not seen the Solo II rules on this, but understand the kart is
supposed to meet ome of the major kart group's regs, probably WKA, IKF, or
Superkarts.  Someone else will have to jump in here for comfirmation.  If
that is indeed true, you'd waht to get a copy of whatever regs are
acceptable to the area you intend to run (probably Philly Region's?) and
find out if the kart would be legal there.

At 100 cc, I don't think the kart has anywhere to run even amongst the kart
racers.  Their classes are 80cc and 125cc.  Maybe why its so cheap.  But U
could have a lotta fun, anyway.

Dave Head