Re: Shifter kart questions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shifter kart questions
From: "Michael V. Pieczarka" <rmracsup@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 06:39:41 -0600
>>Are you allowed to run a 100cc shifter kart with the 125's?  Are there
>>any differences in the two karts other than displacement?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Buddy Ahlers

Buddy,
    There is a major difference between the 125cc shifter karts and the
100cc Karts, the 100cc Yamaha Kart has a centrifugal clutch which is usually
set to lock up at about 10200 rpm when used with a pipe. Clutch karts DO NOT
LIKE to sit and idle, nor are standing starts  one of their favorite things
either. You will burn up clutches, ask me how I know.

later
mike