Re: SST vs. STU

To: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SST vs. STU
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:53:00 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>

>Now if STU would stay with the "no R tires" exclusion of ST, I'd really be
>happy.  For myself, sure; but are the rice rockets running R tires on the
>street?

In fact, some do -- or "street" tires with wear characteristics nearly as
poor and costing at least as much.  Many of these folks are racing (really
racing...) on the street, and come equipped for it.

>Drag slicks?

Not on the street, mostly for durability reasons -- and the tickets they get
for having no tread.

>All I've seen are on (very expensive) street tires on
>(very expensive) wheels, so let's make it easy for them to play in a class
>they can win in.

Make it easy for them to play?  Cool.  Easy for them to win?  Not so cool --
I want them to have to work at it at least as hard as I do!  Seriously,
getting different tires isn't a serious impediment for many of these guys --
they're already pumping at least as much money into their cars as we are.
Those who decide autocross is cool don't gripe about getting tires -- and
those who don't think it's cool won't be held by an R-tire restriction.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr