Re: road racers vs. autocrossers

To: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Subject: Re: road racers vs. autocrossers
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:33:00 -0700
Not really wanting to stick my nose into regional business, but why does a road
racer get a regional trophy for not participating in a local regional class? Or
does your region supply workers to the road races where these drivers race?
Seems like the region presenting the races would give the trophies to the
winners, not the regions from where the racers come...did I miss something here?

    In our region, dues is mostly to pay for the newsletter, and a little
towards the operation of the region's office, which includes 1.5 workers,
overhead, etc. The racers' entry fees pay for race operating expenses, and the
other part of the region's office.
    The solo2 $$ go strictly to solo2; we don't use the region's office at all.
Our dues is the only funding to the region itself. Part of the reason for this
peculiar aspect is no one could ever come up with a reasonable number that solo2
should pay to the region, since we do absolutely no business through it. Our
funds are totally separate from the region's funds.
    I should add we are a jumbo region.
--Pat Kelly